MK Commercial Facilities Maintenance Handles BB&T/Susquehanna Bank Merger
BB&T recently acquired Susquehanna Bank and the CFM Team completed the transition of over 120 locations which resulted in approximately 435 small projects over the course of four months.
This project involved:
- Removal of all interior/exterior Susquehanna brand elements.
- Assistance in re-branding the branches to BB&T standards.
- Teller line re-lamination.
- Electric and IT support.
- New Cash Room and IT Room fit outs.
- Electrical support for sign vendors.
- Bullet resistant glass installations.
- HVAC for new IT Rooms.
- Point of entry for DISH Network.
- Assistance with ATM Kiosk transitions.
- New TV and DVD player installations and assistance with installing DISH Network programming.
- Assistance with acquiring certificates of occupancy.
- Final as-built surveys once work was completed.
Some of the challenges faced during the project included:
- Initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling, and closure of approximately 435 small projects in a four month time period.
- Logistics of scheduling manpower to complete over 120 branches spread across five states.
- Unforeseen electrical, IT, and signage coordination.
- Off-hours work.
- Reacting quickly to changes in scope of work.
Due to proper planning and communication, the process was efficient and successful for all parties involved. The project was completed early, which earned accolades from ownership and award of the next merger project.